Pressure Sensitive Tapes
Rolls of Pressure Sensitive Tape (PST)
Film tapes come in several variations. At Cheever we work with several different manufactures and customers to provide these tapes. Polyester film tape is one of most common tapes that can be used for splicing and applications where chemical resistance and or/or clean removal is necessary. This is a Polyester backing with an Acrylic (transparent) adhesive in your choice of color.
Choosing a Pressure Sensitive Tape can be over whelming with the options available. Configuration from adhesive type, tack, cost, UV, release liner etc, we thrive at the challenge of helping you work through these options for your next project. We have an array of different choices to help you define these decisions, all while giving you the option of having us hold Inventory for you. Below is a brief outline of some of our offerings and where they are commonly used. All though the list is not all inclusive so please contact us for just a quick question or to discuss your new project - we are listening!!
Click here and we can provide a customized quote for you on this material for your project as well.
Typical Adhesive Types:
Advantages of Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Tape:
- Thinner and lighter materials
- Provides uniform thickness and gap filling
- Reduces assembly time
- Bonds dissimilar materials
- Eliminates the need for surface refinishing
- Vibration dampening and noise reduction
- Is it a temporary or permanent application
- What is the purpose of the PSA
- What are the material/substrate the adhesive will be sticking to
- How will the PSA be applied
- Conditions the tape will be exposed to: Chemicals, UV, Moisture, Temperature
- Ease of use